<update>: Registration is currently closed for this course.
We are delighted to announce that we will be offering The Practice of PDIA: Adapting to Climate Change, from September 24 – December 17, 2017.
This is an experiential 12-week course tailored to teams working on problems that are related to climate change adaptation. The course will include video lectures, required reading, assignments, reflection exercises, peer interaction as well as group work. We estimate that the weekly effort will be between 5-8 hours. This is a practical course and you will be expected to work on your problem throughout the course, including taking action steps to solve your problem.
We have been offering a very successful online course to help teams solve complex problems in a wide range of sectors, like education, health, public financial management, and agriculture, using our tools. You can learn more about our experience here.
If you are interested in this course, you will need to identify a:
- Climate change adaptation problem that you want to solve. Some examples of types of problems include:
- Dealing with vulnerability to droughts and floods
- Dealing with the impacts of sea level rise
- Building resilience to natural disasters
- Responding to changing conditions for agriculture due to warming and changes in rainfall patterns
- Responding to changing ocean ecosystems due to warming and acidification
- Addressing increasing levels of heat stress and new disease burdens
- Team of 4-6 people who will work with you to solve your problem.
The goal of the course is for you to build capabilities for climate change adaptation while actually doing climate change adaptation work.
Enrollment is limited to 20 teams. Registration is now closed.